What Data We Collect
We collect personal information from and about you in the ways listed below. If you are browsing our Website, we do not collect any personally identifying information. We automatically collect information to assess our Website. This information includes:
• The Internet Protocol (IP) address and network location used;
• Time of visit, pages visited, and time spent on each webpage;
• Type of browser and operating system used; and
• Website visited prior to visiting our Website.
How We Collect Information
By using our Website, we collect personal information from and about you in the following ways:
• you contact us by joining our mailing list;
• you contact us via an online form, email, or by phone;
• you submit an inquiry on our Website;
• you schedule a call with our attorneys or staff;
• you purchase a template contract or Grow Subscription;
• you register for a She Stands Tall® event;
• you post comments, pictures, videos, or other content on social media; and
• Google Analytics, a web and traffic analytics tool. Google Analytics collects and processes data as described here (“How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps").
For What Purposes We Collect Information
We may use and retain the information you supply in order to provide the services, products, or information you request, respond to your inquiries, send you email newsletters, improve our products and services, and for our records.
If you do not wish to share personal information with us, you may opt not to do so by refraining from engaging with us on our Website and social media and by clicking unsubscribe on emails we send you.
Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that content shared through our Website will remain confidential when transmitted. We take reasonable steps to keep our Website secure, but we cannot ensure that your information will not be intercepted. If you wish to transmit highly confidential information, including information protected by attorney-client privilege, please do not do so on our Website or via email. Contact us to set up a secure means of transferring the information.
How We Store Your Information
We securely store your information using GDPR-compliant data processors in the United States. How long we retain personal information varies based on the type of data, nature of our relationship with you, and our legal and other obligations.
Third Party Marketers
We will not share your personal information with third party marketers.
Third Party Services
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers as necessary to complete your transactions or to provide the services you have requested and authorized and to manage our firm. Our current service providers include:
• Mailchimp for email marketing
• Calendly for scheduling
• Paypal for payment processing
• LawPay for payment processing
• Microsoft for email and document creation and storage
• SignNow for electronic signature collection
• 1 and 1 and SiteGround for website domain and hosting
• Zoom for video conferencing
• Google Analytics to measure the measure the performance of this Website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here.
These service providers must adhere to data privacy and security requirements, including their own privacy policies available on their respective websites.
Hyperlinks to Other Websites
We may include hyperlinks to websites operated by parties that are not connected to or affiliated with us. We are providing these hyperlinks only for your reference and do not control these websites, their privacy policies, or their terms of service. By including a hyperlink to a third-party’s website, we are not endorsing the information or material on the website.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. Industry or legal standards do not yet exist regarding how DNT signals should be honored or recognized. Therefore, we do not currently respond to DNT signals.
Your Data Protection Rights
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have certain rights related to your personal information. Specifically, under certain circumstances, you have the right to the following:
• Request a copy of your personal data;
• Request correction of personal data that you believe is wrong or incomplete;
• Request erasure your personal data;
• Request restricted processing of your personal data;
• Request transfer of your personal data to another organization or to you; and
• Object to our processing of your personal data.
You may contact us concerning any of these requests at the addresses listed in the Contact Us section below. We would appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions and resolve your concerns. You may file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority, but we urge you to contact us first. Please see the guide compiled by the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office for more information about your rights under the DGPR, which is accessible at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
We do not offer services to children and do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. Should a child send us their personal information, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform them that they may not use this Website.
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us: Melnick & Melnick, S.C., 161 S. 1st Street, Suite 400, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Updated: April 8, 2021