Something to think about the next time you leave a tip: the Department of Labor proposed a rule letting business owners pocket employees’ tips. This would mean a $4.6 billion loss for working women who rely on tips to compensate for lower wages. Hopefully business owners would raise employee wages, but spoiler alert: that’s not guaranteed. Read more.
- Bell, Bartolottas, Jacobs, Van Rite land James Beard nominations
- Captain Marvel Stands Tall in Her Nostalgic Cinematic Debut
- Chinonye Chukwu Is The First Black Woman To Win Sundance Film Festival’s Biggest Prize
- Black History Lunch: One Hollywood Writers Room’s Quest to Diversify Staff Meals
- Why Women Wear White, A Brief History Of Political Fashion