Something to think about the next time you leave a tip: the Department of Labor proposed a rule letting business owners pocket employees’ tips. This would mean a $4.6 billion loss for working women who rely on tips to compensate for lower wages. Hopefully business owners would raise employee wages, but spoiler alert: that’s not guaranteed. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly