Can’t get enough of theSkimm? Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg, cofounders and CEOs of the popular news service that summarizes and frequently humorizes news stories for millennial women, are creating a podcast with a female focus. “Skimm’d From the Couch” will share inspiring stories of successful women and the challenges they’ve had to overcome. NPR’s “How I Built This” podcast is also a must-listen if you want to know how and why entrepreneurs do what they do. Catch the end of the Reid Hoffman of LinkedIn’s HIBT interview to hear from local entrepreneur Danica Lause of Peekaboos, maker of cleverly designed ponytail hats. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly