Can’t get enough of theSkimm? Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg, cofounders and CEOs of the popular news service that summarizes and frequently humorizes news stories for millennial women, are creating a podcast with a female focus. “Skimm’d From the Couch” will share inspiring stories of successful women and the challenges they’ve had to overcome. NPR’s “How I Built This” podcast is also a must-listen if you want to know how and why entrepreneurs do what they do. Catch the end of the Reid Hoffman of LinkedIn’s HIBT interview to hear from local entrepreneur Danica Lause of Peekaboos, maker of cleverly designed ponytail hats. Read more.
- Women love baseball. Why doesn’t baseball love them back?
- Political Year of the Woman? Been There, Done That, Oregon Says
- Five local chefs to be featured on new Food Network show with Tyler Florence
- With Foxtown and Spur 16, Mequon juggles two massive projects that will transform the city
- If Only Her Voice Could Change The Way The Mets Play