Women are succeeding in male dominated fields, but we still have a long way to go. According to the New York Times’ Glass Ceiling Index, the same number of women are Fortune 500 CEOs as men in that role named “James” (each making up 5% of all Fortune 500 companies). The index shows that women remain largely absent from top executive positions in academia, publishing, government, and entertainment. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech