Milwaukee lost a trailblazer in local and state politics with the recent passing of 94-year-old Vel Phillips. Phillips’ countless accomplishments include: being the first African American woman to graduate from UW law school, the first African American to win a statewide election and the first African American to serve on Milwaukee’s common council. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech