Ava DuVernay is shattering Hollywood barriers one movie at a time. The 45-year-old is the first African-American woman to direct a $100 million film. DuVernay’s A Wrinkle In Time will be released in March with an all-star cast and a big casting twist: African American newcomer Storm Reid will play teen heroine Meg. Read more.
- Bell, Bartolottas, Jacobs, Van Rite land James Beard nominations
- Captain Marvel Stands Tall in Her Nostalgic Cinematic Debut
- Chinonye Chukwu Is The First Black Woman To Win Sundance Film Festival’s Biggest Prize
- Black History Lunch: One Hollywood Writers Room’s Quest to Diversify Staff Meals
- Why Women Wear White, A Brief History Of Political Fashion