Ava DuVernay is shattering Hollywood barriers one movie at a time. The 45-year-old is the first African-American woman to direct a $100 million film. DuVernay’s A Wrinkle In Time will be released in March with an all-star cast and a big casting twist: African American newcomer Storm Reid will play teen heroine Meg. Read more.
- Rihanna Opens Up About Her New Clothing Line, the Future of Fashion and Her Next Album
- Harriet Tubman $20 bill no longer coming in 2020: Mnuchin says redesign postponed
- An Art Show for Hundreds of Women. And That’s Just the Artists.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby