Ava DuVernay is shattering Hollywood barriers one movie at a time. The 45-year-old is the first African-American woman to direct a $100 million film. DuVernay’s A Wrinkle In Time will be released in March with an all-star cast and a big casting twist: African American newcomer Storm Reid will play teen heroine Meg. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly