Shalane Flanagan, the world’s fastest woman might also be the nicest. Flanagan, the first American woman to win the New York City Marathon, trained with 11 other women who all made the Olympic team and thus the “Shalane Effect” was born. The term refers to women who nurture other women’s careers while succeeding themselves. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly