Shalane Flanagan, the world’s fastest woman might also be the nicest. Flanagan, the first American woman to win the New York City Marathon, trained with 11 other women who all made the Olympic team and thus the “Shalane Effect” was born. The term refers to women who nurture other women’s careers while succeeding themselves. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech