Newborn Maile Pearl Duckworth bridged the Senate’s political gap. Illinois Democrat Tammy Duckworth gave birth April 9th and then proposed that Senators be allowed to bring their babies to work. Duckworth is the only Senator in US history to give birth while in office and while there was some (male) opposition to the proposal, it passed unanimously. One day later, Senator Duckworth voted on the Senate floor, holding baby Maile. Read more.
- Fighting office sexism in Latin America
- Opinion | The Legacy of Toni Morrison
- Rihanna Opens Up About Her New Clothing Line, the Future of Fashion and Her Next Album
- Harriet Tubman $20 bill no longer coming in 2020: Mnuchin says redesign postponed
- An Art Show for Hundreds of Women. And That’s Just the Artists.