There’s bad news and good news about gender bias. A Harvard Business Review study shows when people were given only gender information to make a professional decision, men usually won. But when given information beyond name and gender, such as the quality of the person’s work, women’s chances improved. To improve your chances of overcoming gender bias when applying for jobs, prominently highlight performance-related accomplishments. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly