Melnick & Melnick, S.C. has represented small and medium-sized businesses as well as individuals in cases pending before various state and federal trial and appellate courts. We are not daunted by complex problems or sophisticated legal principles. Our team cooperates to produce top-notch written work.
- Part of lead counsel team representing independent pharmacies in multi-district antitrust litigation against drug manufacturers related to pricing of brand-name prescription drugs.
- Settled post-sale contract dispute related to international manufacturer’s purchase of client’s subsidiary’s assets.
- Settled contract dispute related to defective design and construction of custom-built yacht.
- Successfully tried franchise owner’s breach of fiduciary duty and related claims against an employee twice – first, secured judgment in circuit court trial and second, protected client’s judgment from discharge after successful trial in bankruptcy court in adversary proceeding.
- Settled Wisconsin Safe Place Statute and negligence claims against large public facility related to the improper construction and labeling of accessible exits in a parking lot.
- Settled contract dispute against large public company on behalf of local non-profit.
- Won default judgment in favor of client lessor. The lessee defendant appealed. The Wisconsin Court of Appeals affirmed in a published case, East Winds Props., LLC v. Jahnke, 2009 WI App 125, 320 Wis.2d 797.
- Secured reversal of trial court’s summary judgment in the Wisconsin Court of Appeals related to experts’ affidavits, McDonald Enters./Fond du Lac Ltd. P’ship v. Excel Eng’g, Inc., 2007 WI App 130, 329 Wis.2d 269.