Kuddos to the New York Times for recognizing and fixing a gender issue in their obituary archives. Since 1851, The Times published obituaries commemorating the lives of thousands of people…mostly men. Overlooked, is an ongoing series of obits that immortalizes the contributions of women from investigative journalist Ida B. Wells, to bridge designer, Emily Warren Roebling and so many more. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly