Make room, Michelle Obama and Oprah. Refinery 29’s profile of 20 Black Women You Need to Know Right Now includes food blogger Angela Davis, founder of Kitchenista and celebrity hair stylist Susan Olvdele founder of Hair By Susy. These women and 18 others are making a difference in music, TV, the arts, technology, business and more. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech