Female voices are underrepresented in news stories 3 to 1. That means fewer women are quoted as authorities on subjects ranging from chemistry to national security, which has implications for how readers interpret women’s roles and credentials in such fields. Two New York Times reporters are hoping to bring awareness to this gender disparity and ultimately turn it around. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly