Female voices are underrepresented in news stories 3 to 1. That means fewer women are quoted as authorities on subjects ranging from chemistry to national security, which has implications for how readers interpret women’s roles and credentials in such fields. Two New York Times reporters are hoping to bring awareness to this gender disparity and ultimately turn it around. Read more.
- Rihanna Opens Up About Her New Clothing Line, the Future of Fashion and Her Next Album
- Harriet Tubman $20 bill no longer coming in 2020: Mnuchin says redesign postponed
- An Art Show for Hundreds of Women. And That’s Just the Artists.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby