Female voices are underrepresented in news stories 3 to 1. That means fewer women are quoted as authorities on subjects ranging from chemistry to national security, which has implications for how readers interpret women’s roles and credentials in such fields. Two New York Times reporters are hoping to bring awareness to this gender disparity and ultimately turn it around. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech