Two weeks after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico, writer Mariel Cruz packed two suit cases with much-needed supplies including batteries, chargers, and bottles of Ensure, and flew to San Juan to bring her 90-year-old grandmother home. Cruz chronicled her trip and shared her conversations with groups of determined Puerto Rican women fighting to restore their communities. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly