Two weeks after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico, writer Mariel Cruz packed two suit cases with much-needed supplies including batteries, chargers, and bottles of Ensure, and flew to San Juan to bring her 90-year-old grandmother home. Cruz chronicled her trip and shared her conversations with groups of determined Puerto Rican women fighting to restore their communities. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech