Wholesale Terms of Sale
This is the business-to-business contract for makers. Retailers are buying your products for resale. Now agree on terms in advance and in writing. This contract covers:
- Price (wholesale price and minimum sale price for consumers)
- Order specifics—specific products, quantity of each, price of each, and requested delivery date
- Order confirmation—specific products’ availability, total order price, and estimated ship date
- Payment terms (two options)
- Return policy (for undamaged and damaged products)
- Warranty disclaimer (don’t make unintended promises)
- Termination (for non-payment, plus two options)
- Force Majeure (a.k.a. acts of god, yes, including a pandemic)
All our templates are attorney-drafted (by attorneys who know small businesses and the issues they face), immediately downloadable in Word, include in-document directions and separate instructions that walk you through how to customize the template and what the legal terms mean, and are written in easy-to-understand language with minimal jargon.
Who Needs This: Makers, artists, and anyone else who sells things, goods, products, or merchandise to a retailer or distributor for resale
Heads Up: If you’re selling to businesses or consumers for their own use and not for resale, look here.