Consignment Terms of Sale
You’re allowing someone else to sell your goods. Take the leap of faith with clear written terms to back it up. This template covers the following and more:
- Whether the store is the exclusive outlet of your products
- Whether returns are accepted
- What happens if a product is lost or damaged
- What’s your cut of the sale price
- What’s the store’s commission
- How must the store promote your products
- How, when, and who can terminate the agreement
- How to handle circumstances beyond your control (thanks for the lesson, 2020)
All our templates are attorney-drafted (by attorneys who know small businesses and the issues they face), immediately downloadable in Word, include in-document directions and separate instructions that walk you through how to customize the template and what the legal terms mean, and are written in easy-to-understand language with minimal jargon.
Who Needs This: Makers, artists, and anyone else who sells goods, products, or things on consignment (a.k.a. you only get paid when the product sells).
Heads Up: Selling goods but not on consignment, find other goods-related contracts here and here.