Move over, Oscars. There are Academy Awards for Chocolate and Vata Edari, founder of Madison’s CocoVaa Chocolatier, won 17 of them. Edari, a young, African American woman, goes to England in July to thank the Academy. This successful woman pays it forward by encouraging others to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams. Read more.
- Bell, Bartolottas, Jacobs, Van Rite land James Beard nominations
- Captain Marvel Stands Tall in Her Nostalgic Cinematic Debut
- Chinonye Chukwu Is The First Black Woman To Win Sundance Film Festival’s Biggest Prize
- Black History Lunch: One Hollywood Writers Room’s Quest to Diversify Staff Meals
- Why Women Wear White, A Brief History Of Political Fashion