Meet Megumi Kanda, principal trombone player for the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and the only woman to hold that position at a major U.S. orchestra. Kanda credits her success to the female musicians who may have failed due to discrimination, but who also paved the way for Kanda to succeed in a role typically held by men. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech