Meet Megumi Kanda, principal trombone player for the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and the only woman to hold that position at a major U.S. orchestra. Kanda credits her success to the female musicians who may have failed due to discrimination, but who also paved the way for Kanda to succeed in a role typically held by men. Read more.
- Bell, Bartolottas, Jacobs, Van Rite land James Beard nominations
- Captain Marvel Stands Tall in Her Nostalgic Cinematic Debut
- Chinonye Chukwu Is The First Black Woman To Win Sundance Film Festival’s Biggest Prize
- Black History Lunch: One Hollywood Writers Room’s Quest to Diversify Staff Meals
- Why Women Wear White, A Brief History Of Political Fashion