Remember the name Donna Shalala? Former Chancellor of University of Wisconsin – Madison and President Clinton’s former Secretary of Health and Human Services now hopes to become Congresswoman Shalala. The 77 year old has entered the Congressional race in Miami, Florida. Shalala joins an already crowded field of Democrats who hope to win the seat currently held by retiring Republican Ileana Lehtinen, the first Cuban American to join Congress. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly