When Melissa Thornton moved back to Milwaukee in 2011, she was amazed at how vibrant our community had become in only five years. Thornton, a graphic designer, designed a t-shirt with the words “MilwaukeeHome” to celebrate her newfound love for her hometown. The shirts caught on and Thornton now owns a thriving Third Ward shop where she sells shirts, mugs, pillows, and tons of other products bearing her iconic design. Read more.
- Speaker Spotlight: Meg Hopkins, La Terre
- Speaker Spotlight: Wendy Mireles of Café Corazón
- Why seeing a role model who looks like you is so powerful
- The Tandem’s owner, her ankle shattered, makes appeal for help running restaurant
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly