When Melissa Thornton moved back to Milwaukee in 2011, she was amazed at how vibrant our community had become in only five years. Thornton, a graphic designer, designed a t-shirt with the words “MilwaukeeHome” to celebrate her newfound love for her hometown. The shirts caught on and Thornton now owns a thriving Third Ward shop where she sells shirts, mugs, pillows, and tons of other products bearing her iconic design. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech