When Melissa Thornton moved back to Milwaukee in 2011, she was amazed at how vibrant our community had become in only five years. Thornton, a graphic designer, designed a t-shirt with the words “MilwaukeeHome” to celebrate her newfound love for her hometown. The shirts caught on and Thornton now owns a thriving Third Ward shop where she sells shirts, mugs, pillows, and tons of other products bearing her iconic design. Read more.
- Bell, Bartolottas, Jacobs, Van Rite land James Beard nominations
- Captain Marvel Stands Tall in Her Nostalgic Cinematic Debut
- Chinonye Chukwu Is The First Black Woman To Win Sundance Film Festival’s Biggest Prize
- Black History Lunch: One Hollywood Writers Room’s Quest to Diversify Staff Meals
- Why Women Wear White, A Brief History Of Political Fashion