When Melissa Thornton moved back to Milwaukee in 2011, she was amazed at how vibrant our community had become in only five years. Thornton, a graphic designer, designed a t-shirt with the words “MilwaukeeHome” to celebrate her newfound love for her hometown. The shirts caught on and Thornton now owns a thriving Third Ward shop where she sells shirts, mugs, pillows, and tons of other products bearing her iconic design. Read more.
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly
- Jane Goodall Keeps Going, With a Lot of Hope (and a Bit of Whiskey)
- ‘We blew it’: Forbes named 99 men and only one woman on its list of ‘most innovative leaders
- Naomi Osaka and Coco Gauff teach a lesson in humility and sportsmanship
- Blocked in Business, South Korean Women Start Their Own