In 2013, Ipek Irgit’s bikini sales from her Brazilian-inspired “Kiini” line began to skyrocket. Irgit takes pride in her designs, citing intellectual integrity as a core value. She even sued Victoria’s Secret for copyright infringement in 2015, an almost unheard of move for an upstart brand. The attention Irgit drew to herself turned out to be unwanted. Efforts to protect her brand revealed a secret of her own: is her integrity as strong as she claims? Kiini may have been “inspired” by someone else’s work. Read more.
- Brie Larson on what makes ‘Captain Marvel’ a ‘big feminist movie’
- The Dallas Mavericks’ New CEO Is Cleaning Up a #MeToo Mess
- The Itsy-Bitsy, Teenie-Weenie, Very Litigious Bikini
- Four Small Business New Year’s Resolutions For Success In 2019
- The Matriarchy Power List: 29 Women Who Took Over The World In 2018