In 2013, Ipek Irgit’s bikini sales from her Brazilian-inspired “Kiini” line began to skyrocket. Irgit takes pride in her designs, citing intellectual integrity as a core value. She even sued Victoria’s Secret for copyright infringement in 2015, an almost unheard of move for an upstart brand. The attention Irgit drew to herself turned out to be unwanted. Efforts to protect her brand revealed a secret of her own: is her integrity as strong as she claims? Kiini may have been “inspired” by someone else’s work. Read more.
- Girl power: Hasbro brings gender pay gap debate to game night with new Ms. Monopoly
- Jane Goodall Keeps Going, With a Lot of Hope (and a Bit of Whiskey)
- ‘We blew it’: Forbes named 99 men and only one woman on its list of ‘most innovative leaders
- Naomi Osaka and Coco Gauff teach a lesson in humility and sportsmanship
- Blocked in Business, South Korean Women Start Their Own