In 2013, Ipek Irgit’s bikini sales from her Brazilian-inspired “Kiini” line began to skyrocket. Irgit takes pride in her designs, citing intellectual integrity as a core value. She even sued Victoria’s Secret for copyright infringement in 2015, an almost unheard of move for an upstart brand. The attention Irgit drew to herself turned out to be unwanted. Efforts to protect her brand revealed a secret of her own: is her integrity as strong as she claims? Kiini may have been “inspired” by someone else’s work. Read more.
- Bell, Bartolottas, Jacobs, Van Rite land James Beard nominations
- Captain Marvel Stands Tall in Her Nostalgic Cinematic Debut
- Chinonye Chukwu Is The First Black Woman To Win Sundance Film Festival’s Biggest Prize
- Black History Lunch: One Hollywood Writers Room’s Quest to Diversify Staff Meals
- Why Women Wear White, A Brief History Of Political Fashion