In 2013, Ipek Irgit’s bikini sales from her Brazilian-inspired “Kiini” line began to skyrocket. Irgit takes pride in her designs, citing intellectual integrity as a core value. She even sued Victoria’s Secret for copyright infringement in 2015, an almost unheard of move for an upstart brand. The attention Irgit drew to herself turned out to be unwanted. Efforts to protect her brand revealed a secret of her own: is her integrity as strong as she claims? Kiini may have been “inspired” by someone else’s work. Read more.
- Rihanna Opens Up About Her New Clothing Line, the Future of Fashion and Her Next Album
- Harriet Tubman $20 bill no longer coming in 2020: Mnuchin says redesign postponed
- An Art Show for Hundreds of Women. And That’s Just the Artists.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby