In 2013, Ipek Irgit’s bikini sales from her Brazilian-inspired “Kiini” line began to skyrocket. Irgit takes pride in her designs, citing intellectual integrity as a core value. She even sued Victoria’s Secret for copyright infringement in 2015, an almost unheard of move for an upstart brand. The attention Irgit drew to herself turned out to be unwanted. Efforts to protect her brand revealed a secret of her own: is her integrity as strong as she claims? Kiini may have been “inspired” by someone else’s work. Read more.
- We celebrated Michael Phelps’ genetic differences. Why punish Caster Semenya for hers?
- Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- Female representation matters. Colorado’s legislature proves that.
- “Homecoming” Homework: 7 Books to Read After Watching Beyoncé’s Epic Documentary
- ‘Brave, Not Perfect’ Speaks To The Scarcity Of Women In Tech