We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant and Receptionist to support our all-female attorneys and paralegal.
Melnick & Melnick, S.C. is a woman-owned law firm located in Walker’s Point in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We handle all things legal for small business owners. If you love supporting local, are interested in business legal issues, and think women rise better together, then we’d love to talk with you.
We believe that small businesses need and deserve quality legal support, just like big companies do.
- We care about our clients. What they do, how they do it, and how it impacts their lives and families matters to us.
- We believe in transparency. We ended hourly billing and switched to flat fees and Grow Subscriptions, so our clients know what we’re doing for them and how much they’ll pay, from the start.
- Easy answers don’t work for us. We solve problems for a living. That means using the law and applying it to real budgets, timelines, and people. Sometimes the best approach isn’t purely legal.
- Female entrepreneurship matters to us, so much so that we started She Stands Tall in 2017 and we’re still at it. Ask us about our She Stands Tall events, including our female entrepreneurship speaker series.
- Following Roy Kent’s advice, we don’t settle for fine. We go the extra mile for our clients because that’s what they deserve. A small business doesn’t mean small respect, attention, or quality.
We ask a lot from ourselves and need team members who will, too. Our Team member must:
- Be detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to multi-task;
- Have intermediate to advanced MS Office skills and a willingness to learn, e.g., law firm practice management software, WordPress, Mailchimp, and Adobe;
- Be a proven clear thinker who’s able to remain positive when stressed;
- Be a self-starter, solution oriented, and works well with a team; and
- Be curious about small business, what legal issues impact them, and what business lawyers do and why.
This position may not be a good fit for you if you:
- Don’t want to work with lawyers;
- Prefer to do the same task all day;
- Find it difficult to pivot if you’re interrupted; and
- Are unable to keep information to yourself (e.g., no Instagram posts about who visits the office).